Valentine’s Day is one day where it feels good to dress up and make-up so he’ll fall in love with you even more. Whether you are planning an intimate meal at home or heading out to a posh restaurant, here are some looks that you can wear.
Ideas for eyes
- Copper is an amazing colour to bring out the beauty of your eyes. A small amount of metallic will go a long way, so you can be sultry and sparkly when out dining. If you’re going to a club afterwards, add a little more copper for a striking, bold look.
- A bold bronzed eye and kohl liner has the essence of Cleopatra, making it ideal for a Valentine’s night out.
- If your eyes are your best feature, a double-winged liner in black with gold shadow at the inner and outer corners will highlight them further.
- Valentine’s day is all about red lipstick, and an unusual but successful match is with a shimmery orange eye shadow. This is a novel and totally amazing look and one your man has probably not seen before.
- Glitter looks great on eye-shadow. Try a sparking pink eyeshadow if you’re off out to dance under a disco ball.
- Underline your eyes in red shadow as a tribute to Valentine’s day.
- Smokey eyes can take you out from work to a night on the town. When done right, your look will remind your partner just how much he is in love with your beauty.
- If your Valentine’s Day celebrations are during the day, look fresh and radiant throughout the day with a soft pink colour of eye-shadow with the matching colour as your lipstick. Choose a soft pink that goes well with your skin tone.
- If you’re out all day, it’s important not to layer on too many products because your make-up might run. You can keep your face looking natural by using a cream blush for a natural flush and a tinted lip balm or a pinkish lip tint lipstick.
- Finally, use a light hand when doing your eye-brows.
Ideas for cheeks
- For a softer, fresher look, wear an apricot coloured blusher in a C-shape up to your temples and use the same shade on your eyelids.
- If you’re brave, you can copy Kristen Stewart and wear pink blusher on your cheeks and temples, the same shade on your lips, eyelids and lips. This is bold look for those with the confidence to carry it off.
- If you’re heading for the movies, or you want a nude look, a good highlighter will make you look flawless. Dust a few strokes of highlighter on your cheekbones and add nude lipstick and you’ll be his natural beauty, ready to go.
Ideas for lips
- Good for a night out with the girls as well as on Valentine’s Day, glitter lips are unbelievably beautiful and have incredible staying power. Your man will be amazed, not just at how great you look, but that you can drink, kiss and party without losing any of your sparkle. Glitter lips are waterproof and smudge-proof. One application can last 8 hours thanks to the gloss bond, a cosmetic adhesive that is totally safe for use on the lips.
- For a more subtle look consider a sheer lavender eyeshadow and match this with ombre lips. This is the gradual blending from light to dark, from the centre of the lips outwards, of one colour.
- The classic Valentine’s Day make-up is red lipstick and lush eye-lashes. It’s not ground-breaking, but it looks great. Keep the focus on your red lips and dark eyes by keeping the rest of your make-up neutral. A good red matte lipstick won’t smudge during your date.
- Look super sexy with a wine-red lipstick. It takes a confident woman to wear this, as well as giving off a sense of mystery that men find very attractive.
- Whichever look you choose for Valentine’s Day, be comfortable and confident with your style and he’ll only have eyes for you, which will set the mood for a romantic Valentine’s celebration you will both enjoy.